How To Move Your Core Business Operations Online
Small to Medium Sized Businesses (SMEs) have felt the pinch once more with inter district borders closed, halting of transport and new curfew rules imposed, the all-too-familiar consequences of COVID-19 have continued to bite even harder.
SMEs have had to figure out ways yet again of remaining operational and staying competitive amidst fears of an extended lockdown or possible third wave of the pandemic. Drawing lessons from the previous lockdown, shifting online seems the only viable option in the long term. Working through technology:
- Decongests the marketplace and significantly reduces the need for physical contact.
- Increases contactless payments which lowers infections associated with the physical exchange of money.
- Simplifies trade making it very safe and convenient.
Instead of dwelling on the damage, pain, and uncertainty of lockdown, how about you consider moving your business operations online so that you survive and thrive in these tough economic times. Here are some actionable steps to get your business online.
- Register Online: Your online journey starts with buying a unique (domian) name that enables clients find you quickly and easily. The name should be easy to remember and similar to your registered physical business.
- Brand Identity: Image is everything, it is the bond that connects a business to its customers and vice versa. You need a professional logo and identity to sell and stand apart online.
- Secure a Premise Online: You need an internet address to operate from online i.e. web host / digital tenancy which is inform of an annual prepaid subscription. All your web related information is kept here i.e. website files, images, emails, web traffic analytics, etc.
- Get a Modern Website Design: A website is the online representation of your physical business. A good website is one where a client doesn’t need to pick up the phone to call you or go out of their way to physically meet with you.
- Get Web Security: For every worthwhile investment, there is need to insure and secure it. Get an SSL Certificate Padlock to keep the bad guys out. It’s your responsibility as a business owner to protect your clients and staff over the internet.
- Get a Company Email: It’s time to switch from your free email to a company-based email, customers trust and value messages from business email addresses. A branded email is the most compelling way to lure clients to your business.
- Online Marketing: After setting up your business online, you need to drive traffic to your website. The quickest way to get found online is by positioning yourself in Google Searches and running low budget social media adverts.
“The Internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow.” Bill Gates